So much, so much. Spring has sprung! Finally! After a record-setting dump of snow in our city in one day (read: 2.5 feet in a day), it's all melted and it's BEAUTIFUL!. The Canadian Geese have returned to the lake/pond behind our house and have let us know quite loudly that they are here and they're hungry. LOL.
It's been a rough start to the year. Eric had kidney stones that sent him to and from hospital at odd hours of the night, on about 4-5 different occasions. Then, Dad was diagnosed with stomach cancer... so I travelled to St John's to see him (much to his suprise when I showed up in Aunt April's living room where he was for dinner that night.. thanks Aunt April, for your help in getting out there). The tumor was the size of a large grapefruit.. but on my last day in St. John's, we got word that it hadn't spread to other organs. Ony March 27, Dad underwent surgery to have it removed, over half his stomach was removed with it, and 1/3 of his esophagus. He is finally back at home and recovering.. still awaiting results of the lymph node pathology to determine the extent of any chemoa nd radiation. We're all praying hard.
The day I flew back from St Johns, (I flew in at 2 am), Eric underwent surgery to have his kidney stones removed.... another 4-5 days of healing from that..
Needless to say, my stomach has been in a giant knot since about the 3rd of January, and it doesn't have any signs of releasing soon. (my stomach issues are a whole other entry saved for another time!).
Oh, and do you want to see something realllly cute??? Huh? You know you want to!

Here is our newest addition, still 3 weeks away from joining our family.. he's still with his momma. Pretty cute little guy eh? He's part Corgi, part Sheltie and who knows what the father was. We got him from the Second Chance Animal Rescue Society.. mommy was rescued almost full-term pregnant on her execution day (yes, they weren't going to put her down injection-method... *sob*)... but alas, everyone is safe now.
So, he was named by the foster parents as Tucker, which is funny because I've *always* wanted a dog named Tucker.. lol.
Credits for the page: Michelle Coleman's COLOR HAPPY craft paper & trim from her MOMENTS pp, Kathryn Balint PAPA'S TRAIN plaid papers, metal tags from Jade T's GENTLEMAN'S STUDY at SBB (I believe), Shabby Princess zig zag stitches, Gina Miller's decorative edges, Nancie Rowe Janitz Schmootzy Frame...Fonts are AnotherTypewriter and BlackJack.
Anyways, I guess that's it for this entry.... TTYL :)


No comments:
Post a Comment