Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall has arrived!!

Well, the kids are back in school! Woohoo!!! Blake is now in grade 6 (!) and Coley is in grade 3... and so far, both are really enjoying it. Blake has even started playing trombone in the school band. I still cannot believe how much they're growing up!
Along with back-to-school comes the whole routine again of waking up early, getting the morning chaos and getting them out the door by 8 am. they're NOT morning people, well not on school days anyways! LOL. Even thought they like school, it's so hard to get them up on school days... yet on the weekend, they're often up at 6 am! I can't find the logic in that, but then again, this is parenthood, there are plenty of things that are totally illogical!

At the beginning of September, we enjoyed a nice 3 day trip to Vancouver! It was the boys' first time (well, besides Blake going when he was 14 months old). We stayed at the Ramada on Pender, and we had a whirlwind trip to Stanley Park and the Aquarium, Lonsdale Quay, Gastown, Chinatown and enjoyed some shopping at Pacific Centre. We didn't get to Science World or Granville, but that just gives us another good reason to back really soon! :)

They loved staying in a hotel for the first time...


Eric and the boys in Gastown...


The boys and I in Stanley Park


We went up this huge tower on a glass elevator, I was screaming on the floor of the elevator. SO did not like it!

Anyways, I guess that's it for now.....a lot to do around here, and there's no time like the present!!!!

No comments: